Image Map

Monday 5 January 2015

It's Burlesque Bitch...

 I just love the artistic expression of Burlesque.  As I have friends who work in the industry I have seen shows over the years and have become fascinated by the history and somewhat twisted elegance of it.  There are so many fantastic places in London to see a good Burlesque show.  It has an element of old glamour that I think has definitely transcended into fashion so that is why I wanted to share it with you all.  The film Burlesque starring Christina Aquilera and Cher (i think it's a great film, although most don't!) showed the art form to a much broader and younger audience.  It's now very popular for hen parties, office parties and many other functions to either book dancers or attend one of the many clubs to entertain their celebrations.


Christina Aguilera in Burlesque the movie

Cher in Burlesque the movie

The Wam Bam club and the House of Burlesque in London are just two of the many amazing clubs you can visit.  If your interested in going to a show I would definitely either get first hand reference to a show or read some reviews online before you go (there not all great).
Wam Bam club in London


House of Burlesque in London

I am also completely fascinated by Dita von Teese, I think she is the reason I began to love the art form in the first place.  She inspires many of my ideas within hair, make-up and styling and I feel she has had probably the most impact on bringing Burlesque to the masses.  I have put together below some of her looks that inspire me and to me are nothing but fabulous.








If you have an interest on old style glamour or just in a fun place to enjoy yourself but watch a fantastic show then give Burlesque a go.  It is a great place to gain inspiration if your an artist of any description or you just fancy re-creating certain looks on yourself.  Give it a go...

No comments:

Post a Comment